Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Essential X-mas Music Track 8



"Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)" by The Darkness

This song has absolutely everything that says "Christmas Song" to me. Bell tolls, sleigh bells, a childrens choir, ripping glam metal guitars, and a glorious falsetto singer.

I remember when my friend Mike first introduced me to The Darkness. He showed me the video for their big hit "I Believe In A Thing Called Love". I chuckled at the band, firing lasers from their guitars at space octopi, shredding through 80's metal guitar solos, and wearing spandex cat suits. At the end of the video, Mike turned to me and said "The best part is, these dudes are totally serious. It seems like they are being ironic, but they are totally serious about the music they play."

Unbelievable!

I know I've been a little video happy on the blog these past few days, but whatever. I would like you to just get an idea how good this song is, since it's one of the one's you might not have heard. Also, you can get an idea of how glorious The Darkness truly is. Big ups to the guitar solo that I like to call, Two Guys One Guitar.

No comments: