Friday, December 4, 2009

Essential X-mas Music Track 4



"Please Come Home For Christmas" was originally written by Charles Brown. It's been covered by about a million people. The Eagles, Willie Nelson,and Jon Bon Jovi (and a few others) actually charted with their covers. I listened to a couple of versions of this song to pick my favorite. I finally settled on Aaron Neville's version because I like the added brass section. I'm pretty sure this is also the version used in Home Alone.

I'm glad to say that I've never had to spend a Christmas away from home. I missed Thanksgiving the first year that I lived in Chicago because I was working at Rainforest Cafe and that's apparently the busiest night of the year. I didn't even get off in time to go to Aunt Peggy's house, which I understand was a blessing in disguise because Uncle Tim and his brood were all there, suffering from some sort of plague. I would have liked to be with my family, eating piles of stuffing and home baked rolls. Never again though. Even if I have to fly home Christmas eve and return on the 26th, I'll never miss another Christmas or Thanksgiving if I can help it.

Also, props to Aaron Neville for not getting whatever that is on his eyebrow taken care of. Not like he has millions of dollars or anything.

No comments: