Thursday, August 12, 2010

Loyalty.

I like companies that reward loyal companies. I've been playing Foursquare (the social media game) for a while now and I'm sad to see that more business haven't embraced offering a Foursquare incentive.

There's also the punch card. I don't carry many. In fact, I only carry one. It's my Ian's Pizza punch card. Oh you haven't been to Ian's? Well, if you live in Chicago, you have serious mental problems. If you're from out of town, book yourself a flight very soon and order up some Mac and Cheese pizza. If you don't believe in God, you'll see him. If you do, the slice will present you with irrefutable proof that he doesn't exist. It's life changing.

I'm not much of a creature of ritual. Habit yes, but not ritual. The only ritual I really have in life is that I have to have Ian's pizza before performing at iO (which is right down the street). Just like all superstitions, it has no basis in reality. During my 5b shows, I went to Ian's before most shows. There was a show where I wasn't able to go beforehand, and that turned out to be a terrible show. Naturally, rather than blame my performance skills, I cursed the skies that I had skipped my mac and cheese slices. I think I've only skipped once or twice since (both shows proved to be mediocre on my part).

Anyhow, I didn't want to spend the extra money before the show last night (especially because the show was at 10:30 so I had already eaten dinner). But I looked in my wallet and noticed that my most current punch card (my 5th) had ten holes in it. FREE SLICE! THE SHOW WAS SAVED!

Money Spent: $4.21
On: $3.21 (Burger King breakfast cause our milk went bad) $1.00 (chips to go with lunch)
Money left: $49.00

No comments: