Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Michigan Visit

I'll miss Detroit. I always do and I always will.

Let there be no confusion, I love my life in Chicago. As I continue to improve myself, my love of that life will continue to grow and blossom.

But Detroit is the home of my family. It's the home of my best friends. And it's a home to my former self.

Ok, enough deepness. Let's get on to the highlights of my visit.

I got to spend alot of time with people who I usually don't see. Usually my trips home are three or four days max. In that time, I have to spend quality time with my family, recharge my batteries, help my folks out around the house, and see all of my friends. Having 11 days at home made it a lot easier to see most of the people I wanted to see. Sure, some people just couldn't make the time, but whatever. One of my goals in self improvement is to be thankful for what I get rather than to bemoan what I didn't get.



The food! Oh the food! I went to El Charo's, I went to Jet's Pizza, I went to Loui's Pizza (which is a new favorite), I went to the local Denny's, I went to Sonic. I even saw my brother tackle a 1/2 pound Coney Dog.



While we're on food, Cakes and I even went to Tony's. Many of you have heard me regale you with tales of the legendary giant portions at Tony's. Well the above photo is the side of bacon that came with my 10 silver dollar pancakes. It weighs in at one pound. No I didn't finish it.



Yes it's nerdy. But I love to play Laser Tag when I'm home. It's something we used to do all the time in High School and College. We're real geeks about it too. Unlike most of the kids (yes, kids) there who are running around playing video games, my crew is over by the map they have on the wall, critique our position in the last game and attempting to develop a better strategy for our next game. That's the reason our team won by 20-30 thousand points each game.

There was also plenty of time to be with family and I even got to see Kristen a few times.

All in all, I consider this a successful visit. Time to start figuring out when my next will be. Perhaps Cakes' b-day, but I can't be sure.

No comments: