Monday, January 11, 2010

Goals Check In

1. Lose 70 lbs. That's less than 2 lbs a week, but more than 1.
1a. Work out a minimum of 4 days a week, but shooting for 5.

- So I only worked out 2 days this week. It was my first week back, and a busy one at that. Stay tuned for more excuses as the year goes on. But, I did lose 4 lbs this week.

2. Read 40 books. That's less than 1 book a week but more than I currently read.

- I'm probably cheating here too. I'm almost done with my first book, but I started it in the middle of December. Backgammon on my phone and podcasts are my main weakness.


5. Live more life.

- I drank beer from a giant glass boot this weekend.

6. Let Kristen know how much I love her everyday.

- She loved this. I just say "Number 6" to her and she knows what I mean.

8. Become a better improviser.

- Had my first show with my iO team and it was a ton of fun. I don't know that I was technically proficient, but I got a lot of compliments.

13. Find a new job.

- I'm up in the air on this one. I've seen some jobs I might be great for. One of them leaves me in the same 1099 tax situation, but would be double the money I'm making now. The problem is this. I've never worked for a law firm before and would like to do an internship with one before I get out of school. So the question in my head lately has been "Do I only look for law firm work, thus negating the need for an internship, or do I look for anything and worry about getting a paralegal job the next time I find myself in need of work.


14. Overcome my awkwardness in social situations.

- I talked to someone I don't know real, real well, but well enough (my team's coach's girlfriend) for almost three minutes without looking at my cellphone as a defense mechanism. The conversation was still awkward for me.

So there's a little update on the progress I've made toward some of those goals.

Should I make this a weekly thing?

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Yes, make it weekly! We can hold you accountable and maybe you'll be more like to DO what you want to do...

Unknown said...

I agree! I really like this alot. And it'll definitely keep you in check!