Monday, April 27, 2009



My most recent improv class seemed to have an obsession with scenes that referenced sodas. Both obscure (I can recall at least 7 Crystal Pepsi references) and mainstream (many characters drank Coke Zero). I'm just now drinking my first Coke Zero and I'm reminded of a conversation I had with my friend Bryan last week. Coke Zero basically tastes almost identical to Regular Coke, but with no sugar or calories. So it's Diet Coke, but it tastes better.

So I ask you this, dear reader. Why does the Coca Cola bottling plant have two different vats of soda? One that has a bitter diet aftertaste and one that provides the same diet concious nutritional value as the the diet brand, with better taste. Shouldn't they just start selling Coke Zero as Diet Coke and say "Our Diet Coke tastes like regular Coke now!" I can't understand the logic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a lot of people like the taste of diet coke better than coke

Alicia said...

to be honest, they both taste like shit to me...

Courtney said...

i think that the coke zero was a marketing tool to make men not feel so unmanly about drinking diet coke. it seems to have worked--- so they want to keep that segment of the market.