Monday, May 11, 2009

It happens all the damn time.

So I've been neglecting the ol' blog again. This time, it's for a semi-legit and not at all lazy reason. I've been working for a website called ChaCha.com, making extra money answering questions that people text in. I've made about 32 bucks this week. I'm trying to go 5 bucks a day for work nights and 10 bucks a day on days when I don't work at all. That equals out to about 280 bucks a month. Anyhow, I'll catch you up on the past week, including a few pictures.


So last weekend, Jerry and Corrina visited from Detroit. Corrina was here to take a tour of the French Pastry School that she's thinking of attending next year. We started our Chicago adventure with a nap in the apartment and then headed to Ian's Pizza for dinner. The it was off to iO, where Corrina volunteered to talk about her day and then let the improvisers re-enact it. Having a few friends in the show, they spent a good amount of time making fun of me.
The next day we woke up and went to Wicker Park to visit a bakery owned by a graduate of the Pastry School and ate some absolutely amazing baked treats. We went to Reckless Records, Myopic Books, got Mexican food for lunch, Italian for dinner, and then saw Too Much Light. Sunday we went for breakfast and then watched Kristen's improv team rehearse. Good visit all in all.

Not much went on during the week. I watched the Scrubs Series finale and got a little emotional. Kristen went organic. I took her to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch at the American Theatre Co. for her birthday. This is a special show for us, since it was the show we went to on our first date. It was awesome.


This past weekend we did some Spring Cleaning and had a pillow fight. We also went to a fancy dinner at the Palm courtesy of Kristen's mom and her friend who get's $50 gift certificates when she stays at Swissotel (the hotel where The Palm is). I had a 40 dollar steak and Kristen had 30 dollar Chicken Parmesan. Everything was awesome!


Today I was given my own office for the week at work. We have a vacant office, so the most productive member of the marketing staff the week before is given the office for the week. The office is really weird. There's not much in the way of decoration, and I had the feeling today that I was some guy who had started his own business and this was his home office. But it is fun having my own office for the week. I was much more productive today.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

great pics! Also, congrats on being the most productive!

Courtney said...

wow.. an office... kinda sounds like an episode of, well, the office! congrats... the chacha.com thing sounds fun!

Corinna C. said...

I've never seen this before! How exciting. I miss Ian's Pizza everyday.