Monday, April 27, 2009



I realized I have yet to talk much about my new job. I had to snap this picture on the fly. I've only been there 5 days, so I don't think it would be good to become the "blog" guy just yet. Maybe in a couple weeks. Anyhow, that's my desk. Dennis the Conquestador is keeping an eye on everything just like he was at Careerbuilder.

I'm working in the Marketing department for a small IT consulting firm. It's alot of cold calling, but it's not as aggressive as CB was in the approach. It's basically like "we're just trying to get the word out, if you aren't interested, that's cool, we won't call anymore". I really like that aspect, but I'm suffering from culture shock. It's all I can do sometime not to fire off a snappy rebuttal when people tell me no. I'll get used to it though.

No comments: