Tuesday, April 14, 2009

I love Chicago Improv.

It's a place where anything can happen. Last night I went to see the Armando Diaz show and then a Q + A with 3033 that Jason Chin did for his podcast. All of that was great. But the "place where anything can happen" thing is that you never know who might show up at iO.




Yep, that's Jack McBrayer (30 Rock's Kenneth the Page) and Ike Barinholtz (Mad TV).

Jack was just on point in every scene and also as my friend Dan and I noted, really knew how to hang back and only get into a scene if he was needed.

Ike was another story. He seemed a little more "eager" to get on stage a lot and went pretty lowbrow pretty fast. I have no problem with lowbrow certainly, but much prefer intelligent lowbrow improv to doing big scenes about ballsacs just because the word ballsac is funny. Not that Ike did exactly that, but that was my main perception of him.

Anyhow it was an awesome show and the 3033 Q + A was really interesting.

No comments: