Wednesday, March 19, 2008

From the Beginning

Ever since I moved here, I've seen something very often that I can't understand for the life of me.

It seems that the majority of people in this city walk up escalators. Now, I understand I live in a major metropolitan city, people are always rushing somewhere, and I don't begrudge them that in any way. But this fine city, in all it's transit stations that have escalators, have also provided a stair case, three steps further down the platform. But all of these people who huff and puff when someone rides the escalator rather then walking up the stairs, they can't be bothered to walk the three extra steps, which would probably get them to their destination sooner. Nope, not here. Everyone's a go-getter. When you see an oppurtunity (like moving stairs) you have to pounce on it.

Not me. I do my pouncing, but when it comes to stairs and my morning commute (where I want to remain relaxed) or evening commute (when I'm probably pretty tired), I much prefer to ride. Huff and puff all you want....or walk the extra three steps and take the regular stairs.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I can't walk on an escalator, I get dizzy, and then I'm afraid I'll fall, so I'm holding onto the rail all dizzy like, which makes me trip when I get off. So I just enjoy the ride.