Monday, March 10, 2008

It begins

Today was my first day out on the sales floor. It was alot better than dialing in the computer lab with 20 other people. Now it's just me and my team and we're separate enough that it sounds more like an office (which it is) than a call center (which it's not). Cold calling is kind of interesting. A lot people get really upset, which if it was their home I could understand, but you own a business, people are going to try to get you to use their products. I don't see anything wrong with it. And I really believe in my product, so that really helps.

I was so mad though. I booked my first appointment while in training and today when I called, the guy was sleeping (I guess the husband and wife owners lived at the diner they owned) and when I called back, they weren't there. And I had spent 45 minutes researching the industry and the market and making a nice presentation for them. This cost me making my dial and talk time goals out of the time I lost. If you don't want to hear what I have to say, just say no, but don't set up an appointment with me and not show, that's just rude. If they don't reschedule, I'll be really upset.

In general I'm enjoying sales though. It's kind of an exciting industry.

In other news, I've got an exciting auditioned lined up for Sunday and I'm really looking forward to my first paycheck. I have to say, I'm really proud of my budgeting abilities. Aside from the 118 dollars of debt I incured to Kristen I was able to make what little money I had left really last. The goal now is to try and reduce my living costs while I have money in order to save for some of the finer things in life.

To my old friends who came here from LJ, I'm so glad you came. Expect more regular updates than LJ. To new friends who will stumble on this blog, I look forward to getting to know you better.

No comments: