Friday, April 4, 2008

Commercial Pilots.

This is something I think about on an almost daily basis. I work two stops away from O'Hare airport, in the same office park as a hotel, so needless to say, I see alot of pilots when I'm going home from work. I've always wondered what it's like to have a job that requires that much travel.

Are you able to have a family. Do you bother with an apartment or just stay in a hotel the one or two days a week that you're home. I guess you wouldn't need much of a wardrobe if you have to be in a pilots uniform so often, just some PJ's for lounging in hotels, a pair of jeans for when you go out with stewardesses, a couple of t-shirts. Maybe a suit coat that doesn't have wings on it so that you can go to funerals and weddings. I guess they really could fit your whole life in a suitcase and live out of it. What a life though. I don't think I could do it. I thought about some possible promotion paths at work that would require me to travel, but I don't know if I could leave my life behind for more than 2 or 3 days a month.

Any pilots, if you come across this, how do you do it? Also, do you get lots of stewardess ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from working at the hotel and having 2 pilots and a stewardess check in every night, and also from having a friend who was a stewardess, what generally happens is they have a streak of flights, but then they have a decent chunk of time off. most of them, i think, were married. my friend had an apartment but she didn't have cable or internet since she was so rarely there.

as for stewardess ass, i don't know, but i did have a pilot hit on me for 3 hours - including calling me up to his room to "fix his phone" that he had unplugged while sitting there in his boxers.

-liz