Monday, March 8, 2010

Goals Check In Week #8

1. Lose 70 lbs. That's less than 2 lbs a week, but more than 1.
1a. Work out a minimum of 4 days a week, but shooting for 5.

- This was not a good week for weight loss. I didn't track at all this weekend (it was hard to do. Who can say what a key lime creme brulee or a 14 oz prime rib has in it. Plus, the W, in it's price gouging ways, wanted 15 bucks a day for internet access, so I was without a computer).
2. Read 40 books. That's less than 1 book a week but more than I currently read.

- Finished my first Harry Potter book...and really liked it. I'm reading the play Talk Radio by Eric Bagosian now. It's only 80 pages, so I should be done tomorrow or wednesday. By the middle of this week, I'll be reading another Harry Potter book.
5. Live more life.

- I was overserved for the first time in a long time. I liked getting a little tipsy and I think I may allow myself to do it slightly more often.

6. Let Kristen know how much I love her everyday.

- We celebrated our 4 year anniversary this weekend. Kristen got us a room at the W Hotel and in nerdy fashion, we spent most of the weekend up in the room, lounging in a giant bed, and watching Veronica Mars. But, we did go out for a nice dinner at Tavern at the Park, went up to the rooftop bar at the hotel to look at the city, and drank wine in our room. All in all, it was a great weekend.

12. Try some other new food every month

- I tried grilled polenta at our anniversary dinner this weekend. Texturally, I was not a fan, but I could see where it would be good.

13. Find a new job.

- I did not get the internship that I interviewed for, but all is not lost. I know they'll find something for me.

No comments: