Monday, January 5, 2009

The Resolution post

Everyone else is doing it so I guess I should make a list of my new years resolutions. Those resolutions will probably be tracked via this blog, so I'll have something to hold me accountable.

1. Lose weight. Goal is to lose 70 lbs by the end of the year, but I hope for more. This will be done through a combination of regular excercise and trying to maintain a 2500 calorie diet that doesn't exceed 80g of fat. I'm also going to really make an effort to try new foods.

2. Pay down/eliminate debt. If I could get a job sometime this week, I would probably be able to acheive this with my severence package. Luckily for me, I don't have a lot of debt.

3. Do regular mailings to talent agents and start trying to take my acting career seriously. This means going on more auditions, taking classes, etc.

4. Write more. That includes writing something daily in this blog. Also, polishing the plays that I've written and starting to write some new ones.

5. Read more. My goal has always been a book a week. With my discovery of enjoying to read the paper, I lost alot of that goal. But, I'm going to still try for it. I'm just going to read more and watch less television/play online less.

5. Play/write more music. Possibly begin performing again.

6. Begin more serious work on trying to start my own theatre company.

7. Walk more. This kind of falls under the more excercise thing.

8. Be more social/make some friends.

I think that's all I have. But, I will let the internet know if I think of any others.

No comments: