Thursday, November 26, 2009

Best Song of All Time of the Week-Thanksgiving Edition



No, this song doesn't have any relation to Thanksgiving. Yes, many of my readers who are Beatles fans will call this sacrilege.

This week's Best Song of All Time of the Week is "It Won't Be Long" which was originally recorded by the Beatles. I'm not awarding the honor to the Fab Four though. I'm awarding the honor to Evan Rachel Wood and her performance in Across the Universe. The girl absolutely belts.

Last night, my brother and I were discussing favorite Beatles songs and I've come to the realization that I can't pick just one. It's impossible. I've decided to organize my favorites into 3 or 4 categories. Pop (Do You Want To Know A Secret), Ballad (Across the Universe), Blues (Yer Blues), and Rock (Helter Skelter).

What are your favorites?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

"Something in the Way She Moves," "Let it Be," "The Long and Winding Road," and "Obla-di-bla-Da"

ps- watched the entire Beatles Anthology DVD (14 hours) during the holiday...so I totally have Beatles on the mind right now.

George Harrison was my favorite Beatle.