Thursday, November 5, 2009

Best Song Of All Time Of The Week 11/5/09



Kristen has started reading my blog. Her first remark was "Man, that song of the week thing makes you look pretty gay." She's right I suppose. I mean past winners have been Mariah Carey, Erasure, and Michael Jackson. This week's winner is known for their theatrical shows, but I don't think they skew towards the homosexual audience.

This week's winner is "The Rake's Song" by The Decemberists.

Apparently this band has been around for a while. Apparently a lot of my friends love this band. Apparently none of them feel that it was important to hand me a cd and say "HEY! YOU NEED TO HEAR THIS!" I guess that just shows that I don't have any friends.

To be fair, one friend did try. He gave me a mix CD that apparently had a Decemberists song on it. The only problem, he provided me no track listing and until now, I never figured out which song it was.

In an effort to be a better friend to my readers than my friends have been to me I will say this. YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THE DECEMBERISTS! ALOT!

No comments: