Thursday, October 29, 2009

Best Song of All Time of the Week 10/29/09



This week's Best Song of All Time of the Week is Liberian Girl by Michael Jackson.

I'm not going to talk about rekindling my love for MJ after his recent death. I'd rather share with you a recent conversation I had with Kristen.

We dogsat for our friend Liz last weekend and, while I love her to death, she spoils those dogs. We received our e-mail of instructions, which was 4 GODDAMN PAGES LONG. Not necessarily a big deal, but it caused me to recall my childhood, when my parents had babysitters for us.

"My parents never left this many instructions for our babysitters. It was basically like 'We rented Michael Jackson's Moonwalker...again. Just put it in, they'll watch it 4 or 5 times. There's money for pizza. Bye' "

The only time when this changed was when we got a Sega Genesis. Then it was "We rented Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. Just put it in and they'll play all night. There's money for pizza. Bye."

We're going to see the MJ documentary "This Is It" on Saturday. I'm really excited.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I wanna see 'This is It' too!!! I won't get to this weekend though so I guess I have to wait for the DVD if there ever is one.

Now I dont feel like a spoil Sammy because when people Sammy-sit I only leave 2 pages of instructions instead of 4....