Thursday, October 15, 2009

Best Song of All Time of the Week 10/15/09



This week's winner is "A Little Respect" by Erasure.

This song holds many special places in my heart. I first became aware of it when watching what would become my favorite television show "Scrubs". The second episode "My Virus" features every single character having the song stuck in their head, because it spreads like a virus.

Then for our first Christmas, Kristen got me "The Innocents" as part of my gift. What had first been one of those hipster "ironic" appreciations for Erasure had become full blown love. I wore that album out (not literally because it was a CD).

My last band, The Bad Chemicals, even did a really fun cover of "A Little Respect" which quick became a fan favorite. I loved playing that cover more than I did some of our own songs. As we started writing more songs, covers got phased out though. It was too high for me to sing anyway.

Someone I know has had sex with Andy Bell of Erasure.

So as you can see, lots of personal attachment to this song.

No comments: