Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The Lessons I learned

Last night in class, I got some really great notes. Most of them came from watching other peoples performances and aspiring to do the great things I saw them do or from notes Shotts gave to other people.

His note for me was to dance. That was his big thing for me. He said "I think dancing in a scene will make you uncomfortable. Don't take this the wrong way, but we want to see you be uncomfortable. That's funny to us." I get it, I really do. I love watching people be uncomfortable onstage. But I think it still needs to be real. If I felt the need to dance in a scene, I would've done it.

Some other great notes and ideas I took from last night:

Improv welfare-Doing nothing until someone gives you something.

"Improvisors on stage are like raving paranoids. Everything that is said to them means something"
-Del Close

And my favorite....

A cake made of waffles!!!! This is the key to my culinary success. Begin developing recipe.

My caloric deficit for the week is now up to 1,751. Still have 5 days left to reach 5,250.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

I too, would love to see you uncomfortable on stage :)