Sunday, December 28, 2008

I just can't keep it up

I keep telling myself I'm going to update this everyday and honestly I mean to do it and I keep forgetting.

I am continually looking at the world around me as blog fodder. "I think my reader will find this interesting" I am constantly saying to myself. Well let's just see.

I've been in Detroit visiting family and friends for 8 days now. Alot of times it's fun, but the days have been kind of boring. I can promise I've put on weight, seeing as my days primarily involve 6-8 hours in the same chair, playing World of Warcraft and watching The Dark Knight. I should be looking for a job, but I keep saying "I'm on vacation."

Two days after I got here, I went on a road trip with my brother. It was not trunks full of beer and checking out Minnesota's Biggest Ball of Twine though. This was a business trip. He had to make a delivery to another business in Cinncinatti. My brother is a funeral director, so you figure out what kind of cargo we had. This cargo was supposed to travel by air, but things got messed up and so we saddled up at 7:30 in the morning and drove 5 hours to Cinncinatti. The adventure does not stop there.

On our way back, we passed a Sonic, which I pleaded we make our lunch stop. Cakes (my brother) had other plans. Before I knew it, we were in the Golden Coral, a depressing all you can eat buffet with relatively abysmal food and an amazing desert bar. This one meal set in motion a chain of events that was both fun and miserable.

So we're driving home, it's around 2 PM. Some time later, we notice that it's raining ice. The roads are treacherous and people are sliding to their doom all around us. The longer we drove, the worse it got, until we realized we weren't going to make it to Detroit tonight. After getting approval from the company, we used our trusty GPS, found a Hampton Inn in Bowling Green, got some pizza, and watched the Discovery Channel. In the morning, things were much better and we finished the trip.

I've got to hang out with friends alot, but they all have their stupid jobs, so it hasn't been as much as I would like. But, I've still got 7 days to hang out with people, so hopefully, more fun things will occur. And now, a materialistic list of what I got for x-mas.

External Hard Drive
Webcam
Pants
Socks
Underwear
Shirts
The Muppets Season 3
The Dark Knight
Munchkin (amazing card game, Chicagoins need to call me and we'll play)
Candy Girl by Diablo Cody
Armageddon in Retrospect by Kurt Vonnegut
Downtown Owl by Chuck Klosterman
I Heart Ranch Dressing:Things White Midwesterners Like by Author Unknown
A DnD t-shirt.
A Trader Joes gift card.
A Target Gift Card
A Chili's Gift Card

I think that's everything. Happy holidays to all. As always, I love to know if you're reading this. Its not that I'm begging for comments, but just if I got one from more than Alicia once and a while I would know who is out there.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Dont worry so much about what the reader will like cause dude, its your blog eh :) But I worry about that to a certain point too, cause if its crap no one will read it.

Anyhooo, sounds like Santa was good to you this year. I got a lot of scarves among other things...no idea why but theyre nice scarves!