Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Great Music Collection Organization Update

As of today, I’ll have completed going through the A’s on my iPod. Actually, if you want to be accurate, I’m finishing it up this afternoon, but I’m in the middle of the Avenue Q Original Cast Recording, an album I’ve listened to enough times that I could skip it if I didn’t love it so damn much. It’s been pretty great so far. I’ve always enjoyed listening to albums more than shuffling around. It’s cool to listen to those songs you might never hear on a shuffle because you’d just skip them to get to another Elvis Costello song.

Here’s a quick breakdown of the A’s. I really like data, so I thought I would collect a little bit. Is there anything else you, my gentle reader, would like to know that I could quantify into data points? I tried to remember to rate the songs, but often times I'm only half paying attention. Anyhow, here's the report on the A's.

Albums Deleted: 3
Albums Reorganized : 1
Duplicates Deleted: 1
Favorite “A” Album: “Acid Tongue” by Jenny Lewis
Runner Ups: “Almost Killed Me” by The Hold Steady, “All Day” by Girl Talk, “Artificial Heart” by Johnathan Coulton, and “And Out Come The Wolves” by Rancid
Suprise Gem: “Automatic For People” by R.E.M.

Onto the B’s!

No comments: