Friday, June 11, 2010

SONG OF THE WEEK IS BACK!

So I'm getting back to semi-regular blogging and I figure why not bring back the only feature I ever stuck to. Since it's been so long, I figured we would do something special for my first time back. I present to you....MY TOP 5 WORKOUT SONGS, COMPLETE WITH VIDEOS (when available).

In general, when I'm working out, I try to do something to distract myself from the fact that I'm working out. That's why I like racquetball so much. It's so fun, I don't focus on the exercise. When riding a stationary cycle, I had to think of something to distract myself. I started playing air guitar or air drums, feeling the sweat on my face and imagining myself back on stage and playing with a band. I tone it down when I'm at the gym, but when I'm at home, I often go all out. These songs are perfect air guitar or drum songs and therefore great workout songs.

1. Avenged Sevenfold- The Beast and the Harlot (I don't really like the band, but this song is too catchy and fun to not love in my mind)



2. My Chemical Romance- Dead



3. Megadeath- 99 Ways to Die (again, a band I don't have a particular passion for, but I love this song soooo much and have ever since I heard it on the "Beavis and Butthead Experience" cassette at little Tommy Hammil's house.)



4. The Descendants- 'Merican (this is not their video)



5. Frank Zappa featuring Stevie Ray Vaughn- My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama (again, not the original version, but the best I could find)



I'm hoping to make this video thing part of the weekly song so that you guys can actually hear the song that wins "Song of the week"

No comments: