So I'm getting back to semi-regular blogging and I figure why not bring back the only feature I ever stuck to. Since it's been so long, I figured we would do something special for my first time back. I present to you....MY TOP 5 WORKOUT SONGS, COMPLETE WITH VIDEOS (when available).
In general, when I'm working out, I try to do something to distract myself from the fact that I'm working out. That's why I like racquetball so much. It's so fun, I don't focus on the exercise. When riding a stationary cycle, I had to think of something to distract myself. I started playing air guitar or air drums, feeling the sweat on my face and imagining myself back on stage and playing with a band. I tone it down when I'm at the gym, but when I'm at home, I often go all out. These songs are perfect air guitar or drum songs and therefore great workout songs.
1. Avenged Sevenfold- The Beast and the Harlot (I don't really like the band, but this song is too catchy and fun to not love in my mind)
2. My Chemical Romance- Dead
3. Megadeath- 99 Ways to Die (again, a band I don't have a particular passion for, but I love this song soooo much and have ever since I heard it on the "Beavis and Butthead Experience" cassette at little Tommy Hammil's house.)
4. The Descendants- 'Merican (this is not their video)
5. Frank Zappa featuring Stevie Ray Vaughn- My Guitar Wants to Kill Your Mama (again, not the original version, but the best I could find)
I'm hoping to make this video thing part of the weekly song so that you guys can actually hear the song that wins "Song of the week"