Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Weekend at Home

This weekend I went back to Detroit to spend some time with family and friends.

It was not relaxing to say the least, but in a great way. I was going non-stop seeing people and doing things. Got to see all my nearest and dearest friends and all of the local family. It was really a great time. It was like living a mini version of my life in four days.

I got to have friends cry on my shoulder. I got to play Magic the Gathering. I got to drink coffee and laugh with friends until 3 am. I got to hang out with my family. I got to watch cable TV and eat Jet's pizza. I even found time to go see Rilo Kiley which was great.

It was hard to turn my back on all of that and come back to Chicago. I love this city so much, but no city can compare to the one where your friends live. Unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of friends here. Marc and Alicia are the only ones I really hang out with. No one else ever calls me and I don't know why, but I always feel awkward calling them. But I know that as I meet more people, this will change and soon I'll have a social life in Chicago.

The people will never compare though. They can try all they want, I'll never find another Dale, Joe, Katie, Sides, Matt, Jerry, Nikki, Corrina, Tim, Will, Voldo, etc.

No comments: